8 key Advantages of Galvacoat Over Other Finishes for Galvanized Surfaces
Galvacoat® is a specially formulated galvanized steel paint, designed to adhere to non-ferrous metals such as zinc and provide a long-lasting and cost-effective alternative to other metal paints.
It is the most effective galvanized steel paint solution for treating hot dip galvanized steel, with a host of key advantages over alternatives such as powder coating.
- Save On Lifetime Cost. Galvacoat® comes with long-life properties built-in, as it is typically used on structures that may be hard to access, large in surface area, and open to all weather conditions. This means that, if you do the math, the lifetime cost of Galvacoat is significantly more affordable than alternative finishes, which need to be re-applied far more frequently.
- Gain On Longevity. The long-life properties of Galvacoat® mean that it will retain its original colour to within 5% over a period of 20 years. This means that you can simply paint your galvanized structure – and then forget it for two whole decades.
- It’s Easy to Apply. A huge plus factor of Galvacoat® galvanized steel paint is that it requires just a single application, minimizing the quantity of paint you use – and the manpower to apply it. That single application will keep your surface looking its brilliant best whether you choose to apply it by brush or by a spray system.
- Easy Onsite Touch-up. Because Galvacoat® can be applied onsite – as opposed to powder coating, for example – it means that you can quickly and easily touch-up small areas that may have lost their lustre, as opposed to having to paint the entire surface. This is another cost-saving element of Galvacoat® that rival finishes simply can’t offer.
- It’s Highly Versatile. Galvacoat® has been designed to be applied directly to freshly galvanized steel. Importantly, however, it can also be used as a fresh coat to galvanized steel that’s been coated with conventional paints. This extra layer of versatility makes it highly popular with specifiers and end users alike.
- A Multitude of Applications. You can successfully use Galvacoat® on applications as diverse as balconies and gates, power and sub-station equipment, railings, street furniture, structural steel and water treatment plants. It’s hard to imagine an application that’s not suitable for coating by Galvacoat®.
- Choose From a Range of Custom Applications. There are numerous applications out there that pose a special challenge to paint finishes, including marine environments, public areas where a urea-resistant finish may be required, high-corrosion environments and composting facilities. Depending on your particular needs, our Galvacoat® paint experts will develop a customised treatment that can be successfully used in any or all of these situations.
- We’re Always Here to Help. If you need help or guidance on any non-standard applications, our friendly, professional experts are always on hand to share their knowledge and experience with you whether you’re an architect, an engineer, a utility company, or a galvanizer.